Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pulse Secure: Remote users have direct access to fileservers ?

Hi, A little bit of panic here: A new customer has a Pulse Secure cluster, and I am completely new to this. As far as I understood from the guy on-site who is more or less their on-site first line support, only ip-s mentioned under the Resource policies\VPN Tunnel Split Tunneling\policies can be accessed from outside, by someone who establishes a VPN connection to the company. They only need to access a terminal Server farm.

Now I hear from people within this company, they are able to access their file servers from their homes when the have set up a VPN. This worries me a lot, due to security concerns. So I have a few questions: Is is true that only servers who are in the split tunnel policy can be accessed by the Role it's been assigned to, when they set up a VPN ? Is there a way that I can deny access to the fileservers ?



No comments:

Post a Comment