Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Network Loop???

I need some assistance Reddit.

Using the below switch configuration on a Cisco 2960G port at a convention event, I heard that these 2960G's were causing network loops. Here is what the switch is https://www.newegg.com/cisco-2960g-24-x-rj45-4-x-sfp/p/0XP-003P-002P7

However, these 2960G were shipped back to me. When i went to troubleshoot, i stacked and connected four Cisco 2960G switches and purposely interconnected all of them with multiple links, trying to create a loop. I set my computer up on the bottom of the four switches, and the internet connection came in on the top of the four switches.

When purposely trying to create a network loop, i could see in the logs of the switches that the 2960G gave me a "%SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF" as expected but immediately fixed itself and the loop ended. Even with me purposely trying to create a network loop, the switches worked just fine.

!

!Dumb Switch Config

!

no service pad

service timestamps debug datetime msec

service timestamps log datetime msec

no service password-encryption

hostname OnsiteSwitch\2960G)

enable secret 5 $1$xrid$a63hqkDYrQwnXLbYnViJT1

Username admin privilege 15 secret 5 $5$A/Hm$QacAqn4qCZke9PgOtkwtaH/

no aaa new-model

system mtu routing 1500

no ip subnet-zero

errdisable recovery cause psecure-violation

errdisable recovery interval 30

spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst

spanning-tree extend system-id

vlan internal allocation policy ascending

interface range gigabitEthernet 0/1-24

no shut

switchport mode access

spanning-tree portfast

interface Vlan1

no ip address

no shut

!

end

tl;dr: Please check my config above, it was reported it caused a network loop, but I do not see how.



No comments:

Post a Comment