Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Need some help with VLAN's

Hello,

I need some help with a networking project.

I have two L3 Network switches (GS728TX) and wanted to make a VLAN network with them. (this is my first time dealing with VLAN)

The thought was to use my FritBox as a router but learned fast that the router wont support VLAN.
My question is now is it possible to somehow make it still work, maybe by changing some settings in the switch?

My plan was as followed (.X is port number):

FritzBox LAN 1 -> Switch 1.1 (VLAN10)

FritzBox LAN 2 -> Switch 1.2 (VLAN11)

FritzBox LAN 3 -> Switch 1.3 (VLAN12)

FritzBox LAN 4 -> Switch 1.4 (VLAN13)

Switch 1 -> 10G fibre -> Switch 2

Switch 2.1 – 2.6 (VLAN 10)

Switch 2.7 – 2.12 (VLAN 11)

Switch 2.13 – 2.18 (VLAN 12)

Switch 2.21 – 2.24 (VLAN 13)

All VLAN should be the same subnet. (192.168.178.XXX)

I want the VLAN only so I can use all ports of the Router over one switch.
I want to make it that way so that in the device listing of the FritzBox the devices are spread over all existing LAN-Ports and not just one so its easier to keep track.
I hope I could explain it so you can understand, I’m glad to give more information if needed.

Thank you all



No comments:

Post a Comment