Friday, March 27, 2020

Need help - route appearing to be received from BGP peer, but doesn't appear to be.

Maybe I'm tired (working on 3 hrs. sleep) or just stupid. Here's my situation. Starting yesterday afternoon, one of my providers had an outage, had to disable them while they fixed their issue. Lost access to a remote network we run in another city. According to routeviews, network is being advertised correctly across the net. But I cannot get there, ping & traceroute & SSH all fail.

Even now, after re-enabling the provider that had the issue (re-enabled this morning), on my edge router for this network I see the following "bad" route appearing to come from one of my providers:

ASPATH in the route MYASN MYASN MYASN PROVIDER2 PROVIDER1 PROVIDER1 MYASN

From my edge I am not advertising this subnet locally, it is being advertised out of the remote site. It appears locally that one of my three providers is announcing the route back to me, but I'm at a loss.

I've tried doing a soft reconfiguration of my BGP with my peers (they all support it), I've gone through my config several times and can't find anything. I need to be able to manage this remote network from our office as the equipment there is locked down for limited access.

My equipment locally is an ASR1002X. I can't really provide many more details but I'll try to if needed. (Secure sites).

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment