Wednesday, March 11, 2020

L3 IPVPN + WWW

Hoping for some guidance.

We are a company spread across 12 sites, all connected to a L3 IPVPN with carrier managed CE Cisco routers. Internet is delivered into the data centre and is accessible by all sites on the VPN.

What I'm trying to work out is if we get a 2nd internet circuit delivered into head office for some redundancy, how do we handle the failover in the case of a DC outage (carrier managed DC with a few outages over the years)?

I've got an OK theoretical handle on BGP but not a huge amount of hands on experience managing it so hoping the Reddit brains trust can help me understand how this might work given the carrier MPLS network in the middle which is making me scratch my head a little.

I have tried Googling the issue and reading through Cisco CVDs but can't seem to find anything to explain how it might work. Any vendor references would be great if you know of any.



No comments:

Post a Comment