Thursday, March 19, 2020

Is it possible to extract the MAC of previously connected gateways on Windows 10?

Howdy folks. I have a situation where I have changed a router, but all the Windows 10 PCs are saying that this is a new network (you've probably seen this - eg. https://i.imgur.com/OneLz7e.jpg). This is normal, but I would like to spoof the MAC of the old router so that the systems know that they are still connected to the same network. We have some systems that rely on the firewall being set to "Private network" on some portable devices and it's getting really annoying, and we don't have a domain environment in this particular instance which makes it extra annoying. I know Windows has the ability to remember networks, so the MAC is stored somewhere in a registry string most likely, I just have no idea where. Has anyone else been able to find this before? TIA!

Edit: the old router is very much gone, sorry! I usually have access to the old router, but not in this case.



No comments:

Post a Comment