Friday, March 20, 2020

I can't see webpage normally, but from Google cache I can?

I would like to ask about technical level thing so that I can learn more knowledge of the web. Here I will describe the case (happened recently) and would like to know the reason for this.

(I am NOT using VPN at all in the following case)

So, there is webpage that I can see result from the Google search result. I click the link, but it seems like that the webpage doesn't exist anymore because I can only see the main page.

However, if I click the Google cached version (cached version was from the last day), I can see this webpage. This webpage was last updated 20th October 2019, so this means that the webpage is still existing and has not been deleted yet.

Why I cannot see this webpage from normal Google search result or by typing the url to the address bar? Why I can only see via Google cached version?

I am not sure how Google cache works in detail, but I know that the Google cache can only display the results that the web crawler have managed to find recently (from couple of days). Could this be somehow explained with webpage's geo-blocking? For example, it doesn't allow my country access to it. But it allows Google cached version to access it? However, I have always thought that Google cache use the same IP address as my local computer?



No comments:

Post a Comment