Friday, March 13, 2020

How to start a career in networking?

I would like to get into IT and find a career that is flexible and pays well- I currently own a business teaching basic STEM concepts to elementary school students using LEGO, and part of my motivation for introducing kids to the world of STEM is that I feel most people my age (I’m 26) were not encouraged growing up to get into tech, and lots of us are getting what are honestly quite useless degrees (I have a BS in Health Science and have never made even 40k/year in the 5 years since graduating). So I guess you can say I want to walk the walk and talk the talk, and I do think I can do two things at once (own and operate a business and get into tech, especially since they’re related). I also currently work part time at my alma mater in the tech center as a lab monitor/ help desk person, which has gotten me interested in networking. But I have no idea where to start! My boyfriend is a software engineer so he’s trying to help but it’s all a lot of information and I’m not sure where to go from here!



No comments:

Post a Comment