Friday, March 13, 2020

Help with NETFLOW

Hey all!

First off, I don't really know much about it. From what I've gathered, NETFLOW is a way to analyze the data that flows through a device. I've been tasked with turning Netflow on on some routers we have. However, the people who want it on can't get it to come up on whatever program they are using to view it LiveNX and think it's the way it's configured.

This is on an ASR 9000 - IOS XR 6.5.2

Currently, we have the current config:

flow exporter-map netflow source MgmtEth0/RSP1/CPU0/0 destination (IP) 

However, when we type:

show flow exporter netflow location 0/RSP1/CPU0 

there is no data.

However however, if we type

show flow exporter netflow location 0/0/cpu0 

the data is there.

I was under the impression typing in the source in the config would change which interface the data would be visible on. It sounds like I could be wrong though? That I need to match the source where the data is already being sent to, rather than moving the data to my source.

If that's the case, how do I match my source to location "0/0/cpu0"?



No comments:

Post a Comment