Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Full view in VRF on ASR1001 : still doable ?

Hi,

I'm migrating my Mikrotik powered personal ASN to a Cisco ASR1001 based one. Got three of those for dirt cheap, upgraded them to 16GB RAM and latest recommended IOS already.

I have two (soon to be 3) full-views as transits and two (soon 4) IXPs.

I'd also like to shrink my address plan from a /22 to a /24, so I'd rather cut down on /31s for interconnects, thus making me think of going MPLS-L3VPN for the public routing zone, with a private IPv4 underlay, and 6VPE for public IPv6.

I don't have much routing-policies constraints, so I could use Selective Route Download to lighten up the FIB's load, but I guess that would impede telemetry' consistency (Netflow).

So the question is : could I realistically load full-views in a VRF on this hardware, or should I keep them on the GRT ? Or would you advise for SRD in any case, eventually with an external route-collector / flow parser ?

Thanks !



No comments:

Post a Comment