Thursday, March 12, 2020

Electrical Isolation - Ethernet options

First post here, please let me know if this is the wrong place to pose this question...

I am dealing with a situation where I suspect surge/spikes coming in via the Internet Service provider's coax line, and therefore I wish to propose a solution that will eliminate this as a possibility.

I realize that there are a lot of surge prevention power bars that have a input/output for coax, but I have read a lot of bad reviews of this sort of implementation.

In my mind, I was thinking of implementing a fiber converter that will act as a electronic isolation device from the WAN side.

My questions are as follows...

Is this type of solution practical? Is there a better and easier way? Does anyone know of a Ethernet-Fiber-Ethernet device?



No comments:

Post a Comment