Friday, March 27, 2020

Disposable CoronaVirus Network Engineer

So I started working at a hospital around 3 months ago for a temp company around 3 months ago in Atlanta (yes Atlanta is one of the CoronaVirus epicenter) , yes the biggest hospital in the South.

I signed up to upgrade all their switches but it seems the other temp is not as talented and cannot learn the new technologies (televideo, webex, Cisco DNAC, wireless sensors, etc, etc) as fast as I can, so I, so I'll be in the hospital working more remote than my coworker but still any 2nd shift in hospital networking task ill have to go. Anyways all the networking employees that normal went into the hospital are now going to be working remote and me and the other temp employee well we have to answer to any new switch related issue that come up until the Coronavirus event is over. So far my temp agency did not discuss any new pay rate or anything.

I did not get hired to work along the newest Chinese biological warfare disease patients.....just thought it was going to be a little dangerous but be careful, now its very dangerous it seems. Also my coworker decided to not wear PPE (mask, safety googles) like I do and he got sick so he was forced to be suspended without pay for 2 weeks. So I guess if I get sick with CoronaVirus and it seems its super easy to get being how infectious it is, ill be without pay for 2 weeks as well. However I have a condition that might make it take longer than 2 weeks to get better.

Anyone else having to put up with BS here with their network Engineer position like this during this event? I feel that quitting is the only option to survive. Maybe if they offer more pay it would be worth it. Last week I refused to go to the hospital but now my boss has forced me to go today and yesterday and its going to be the norm now. I kidded myself hey if you eat healthy you wont get sick. I'm not sure I can keep kidding myself any longer. I didn't get my CCNP and 15 other certs to be cannon fodder.

What would you do in my situation?



No comments:

Post a Comment