Saturday, March 14, 2020

Creating smart home in Cisco Packet Tracee

Hi, 

Was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with this. I am using Cisco's Packet Tracer software to build a smart home. Its not too complicated an consists of the following:

  1. PT Smartphone

  2. DLC100 Home Gateway

  3. Appliances, Fan. Webcam. Lamp, Window etc. 

I have them wirelessly connected so they can be switched on via the smart phone (Through its desktop application IoT Monitor) and the network adaptor is PT-IOT-NM-1W.

Basically I want to implement security and have a way of logging and viewing how traffic is running in the smart home? 

I think i can use a packet sniffer for this? Just not sure how to do that? 

And for security i can see there are options such as WPA, WPA-PSK and so on but they all seem to be the same? And in terms of testing security i have no idea how i would test these? 

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for any help on this.



No comments:

Post a Comment