Saturday, March 28, 2020

COVID made me work from home but I need help

Hi guys so as many other people nowadays I'm forced to work from home. I'm working/studying in microscopy laboratory and we use specialized software that is protected by HASP key (physical USB drive that serves as license and software doesn't work without it). This key is stuck somewhere in server room in one of the computers, never saw it personally, but it's in PC that is visible in faculty network so as long as you are connected to faculty LAN you can use the software (it only works only if you are connected by cable, wifi doesn't work no idea why).
You might guess what is my problem by now. I need to work with this software from home but I have no idea how to make it work. I googled for hours and tried many things but nothing worked.

Can't replicate HASP key, it's illegal and nearly impossible. VPN, SSH tunel and proxy I tried doesn't work (maybe I set it up wrong, I followed some guides). I don't know what my next step is. Any idea is more than welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment