Saturday, March 7, 2020

Cisco ASA and excluding URLs that are both private and public

Hey guys, I have a scenario that I’m trying to find a resolution for. When users are on my network and hit an internal DNS server to go to site example1.domain.com, they resolve to a private address and route over an MPLS network to get to that site that is hosted in a data center.

When that user goes home, that site example1.domain.com is available publicly.

Here is my issue, when a home connects to our corporate VPN to get to other internal apps and file shares and their vpn settings are set to use an internal DNS server, I want to continue to keep example1.domain.com to resolve to its public IP. Yes, we allow split tunneling.

How do I exclude example1.domain.com from resolving with a private IP and trying to route through the VPN and then across the MPLS network?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment