Thursday, March 12, 2020

Best practices for site-to-site vpns

I am the sys admin for my company. We don't have a dedicated net admin, so I have had to handle this role as well. We have about a dozen sites, each with a sonicwall. I am trying to figure out the best practice for connecting these sites via VPN. In the past we've used the sonicwalls site-to-site vpn option, but lately I've been using tunnel vpns with static routes. I'm debating between setting up route advertisement and then filtering in the firewall rules rather than individual routes, or going back to site-to-site, which functions much in the same way as route advertisements by explicitly stating which networks or objects to offer.

I'd appreciate some feedback from someone experienced in this aspect.



No comments:

Post a Comment