Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Automating configuration changes. Is there a tool similar to Oxidized?

Hi all! I've been on a mission to manage our switch-config backups using open source tools... but it's been a struggle. We have some older HP Comware 5 switches that no one seems to support out-of-the-box.

This past week I finally got my backups working using Oxidized! I'm a Linux-tourist but I found that custom definitions for these switches was doable.

Now I'm looking for a tool to push config changes to these devices... does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried deploying Ansible (prior to Oxidized) but developing custom device types has proven to be a nightmare... I've all but given up on it. Maybe there's something Ruby-based that my Google-fu is failing to find?



No comments:

Post a Comment