Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Aruba APs - integrated Zigbee support?

Hello r/networking,

Currently I use a single AP515 in instant mode with the latest firmware 8.5.0.3_72498. When it was introduced about one year ago a main selling point on the data sheet was the upcoming Zigbee support. However, no documentation ever mentioned it again, it's not part of the webgui and HPE support told me to contact my vendor, even though I mentioned that I am not a company and just own a single device of theirs.

Has anyone tried that Zigbee support yet or at least knows what devices are supported?

I'd like to cut down on the various "connectors" and bridges that seem to universally lack PoE, and hoping for a better signal to devices further away (despite the broadcasting nature of Zigbee I keep having connectivity issues). I thought I'd ask here since this is the most likely place for people to have Aruba APs deployed. Thanks a ton!



No comments:

Post a Comment