Monday, March 9, 2020

Aruba 535 Power Troubles on Cisco Switches

Curious if anybody else has experienced some trouble deploying Aruba 535 or 555 series access points on Cisco switches?

Have deployed about 10 of these on Catalyst 2960 access switches at this site with some trouble - had to toy with them to get them to boot, make sure LLDP was running, etc. Eventually, once I got one working to be the IAP master, the rest seemed to pull firmware and fall in line.

But now I'm trying to add two more AP's, and can't for the life of me get them to boot properly.

They are installed, and when I patch them into my switches, they boot "halfway" - show an LLDP neighbor entry (with an APIPA address, never pulls DHCP) and show in the switch's MAC address table, but these entries disappear after about 2-3 minutes.

During all this time, no matter if I leave PoE on auto or static 30W, the AP only ever pulls 15. As a result, you can see the light flashing green, which indicates the radio is disabled, since the APs are running on 15W but require at least 30W.

Anyhow.... Just curious if anybody has figured out the trick with these things.


EDIT: Since it seemed like a power issue, I bought a 60W PoE injector and tried putting that in-line, but no change.



No comments:

Post a Comment