Thursday, March 5, 2020

4-5 ISP scenario across multiple warehouses

Hello everyone. I was asked if I could assist with a project that someone is doing. They have 4 warehouses all connected via fiber and one via a wireless link. Right now they have 2 ISP's coming into the main warehouse and that gives internet with failover for all the other warehouses. This is with a fortigate 500d pair in HA.

They want to bring in 2 or maybe 3 more ISP's to another warehouse and have it as a failover for the main warehouse. This way to save power, they can shut down the main warehouse when not producing product and also in case something happens to the main warehouse or that stack they still have redundancy.

Right now there aren't any routing protocols in place, it seems fairly flat to me. Is this where OSPF or something would come into play? I also believe the 500d's are replaced with the 500e's, am I right on that assumption?

How would you guys do it? So sorry, this is my first encounter with fortinet gear and quite frankly a scenario with more than 2 ISP's.

Thanks, Jason



No comments:

Post a Comment