Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Who's running Stealthwatch ETA on their Cat 9k switches?

Getting started on a Stealthwatch deployment. Only about 50 switches. One flow collector.

IOS XE16.9.2+ is recommended on Cat 9300 for ETA. I have all of my 9300 currently running 16.6.6. Wondering if I really need/should upgrade to 16.9.4 or 16.9.5 for ETA? I have it configured on one of our 9300 and it's fine so far on 16.6.6 but I'm early in the process so I don't really know yet what I might be missing or if I'm going to run into undocumented bugs.

Following the ETA deployment guide, plan is to configure ETA on the access ports so that we capture all flows for those devices, not just the inter-vlan traffic.

I'll throw this TAC's way as well but I like to get perspective from fellow customers.

We use ISE 2.4 for dot1x/mab so it's critical that the version of IOS XE at the access layer works well with ISE.

From what I'm reading, Smart Licensing is REQUIRED for 16.9.x on Cat 9300?



No comments:

Post a Comment