Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Weird ping spikes I can't explain or fix

So i ve been having this problem in every game i ve played for over 8 months now. I haven t done anything to my pc it just sort of started happening, and i first noticed it in overwatch but it s present in every multiplayer game. My ping spikes up and down more than my fps, i have literally just finished playing a game of cs. When i fisrt entered the game i was on 45 ping which is not great but normal i would say for where i live, but then it just started rising and it was allover from 58 to 75 and there s just nothing i can do about it. I know people who legit live 5 blocks down the street and have 35 ping and the same isp and i have almost double that . It just goes up and down without any logical pattern. I have :

-reinstalled windows

-updated drivers

-restarted router

-reset router

-contacted isp and they said they dont see anything on they re side

-contacted support of blizzard, walked me into weird windows procedures and none of them worked out

I suspect it being the router but i can t really change it since it servers a modem/router for my fiber subscription and if i would want to do it i would have to from the modem/router to the new router to the pc instead of from the modem/router to the pc.



No comments:

Post a Comment