Thursday, February 13, 2020

VXLAN: VLAN Filter Processor Usage

Hello everyone,

I took a VXLAN Test active yesterday and the first message that I was greeted with was:

VFP-Slice-0-Linecard0/0 table utilization is currently at 98%, crossed threshold 90%

Now its only the first of the 4 Slices, with a total usage of 35% currently, but its still something Im questioning whether it might be problem in the future.

Sadly, I wasnt able to find out much about the VFP:

VLAN Filter Processor - pre-ingress Content Aware processor (the first thing in the Broadcom Ingress pipeline). It has maximum 1024 entries. FIP snooping filters for example, belong to this group.

Question is what exactly uses the VFP TCAM and whether I will need to expect scalability issues?

This Test is running on Arista Hardware, but from what I can see this applies to all Broadcom based switches.

Thanks for your help.



No comments:

Post a Comment