Saturday, February 15, 2020

UDP Hole Punch Service

I want to send short messages from computer A to computer B. Computer B is on a cellular hotspot. Computer A is at the user's home. My goal is to have rather low latency so I'm hoping to setup a direct UDP "connection" between the two. I read about UDP hole punching but I don't really want to setup a public server. I was hoping there was a service (free or paid) that would do the signaling part of the hole punch. The way I imagine it is there would be a server that would receive a UDP packet maybe asking to connect User A to Service A using password A, and if there was a user B asking to connect to Service A at the same time it would send User B the port number of A and vice versa. This seems like a common need for the IOT community. Is there a service that can do this or something like it?



No comments:

Post a Comment