Monday, February 17, 2020

Total Noob with a question on Jumbo packets

I have recently (three days) switched over to Windows for VFX work. I have a Freenas server with a 10Gbe NIC and a Mac and PC that also have 10Gbe connected (either fiber or Cat6).
On my Mac I am getting near full saturation on file transfers and I can get full speed on my Windows machine, but only after a restart and over time, the speed degrades to less than 1 Gbit. Are there any settings in Windows other than setting Jumbo packets that I need to configure?
Details: Fiber connection from Server NIC to Microtik switch (set to bridge mode) with all ports configured for Jumbo packets.

Static IP config for subnet and on all machines.

​

Not sure what else I should include for info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment