Wednesday, February 5, 2020

remote desktop control not working over VPN on the router (different networks)

Hi, I have 1 PC with windows 10 on it and another with Ubuntu. The one with Ubuntu is connected directly to a router with expressVPN on the router and no wifi. So now, I try to connect via RDP from my windows (which is connected to WIFI) to Ubuntu (which is connected directly to VPN router) and it doesn't work, it gives me an error saying that the PC can not be find etc etc.Now, when I connect the Ubuntu PC to wifi, the RDP works fine and the IP adresse to which I connect changes.Is there any solution to it as of why I can't connect to a PC that is connected to a router with VPN?

Just to be more clear, main router is connected to the modem the 2nd router (with expressvpn on it) is connected to the main router via ethernet

ubuntu machine is connected to expressvpn router

windows machine is connected to main router

both have internet connection and no lags whatsoeve
I tried to ping the other systeam from my windows PC and it didn't work.



No comments:

Post a Comment