Friday, February 14, 2020

Problematic ethernet installation

Hi guys,

I'm very bad at networking, and I asked my electrician to install an ethernet cable through the wall.
Very easy setup.

I have a cable internet modem that goes into a wireless router.

From there everything works great (for example if I plug with an ethernet cable my laptop to the router, it works great).
The problem started when I asked to run a cable through the wall.

The speed at the other side drops (from 350mbs if I'm connected to the router with the cable to 10 MB if I'm connected the other side of the wall) and it doesn't work with docking station (I don't know how they relate, but I don't believe in coincidence).
Any suggestion?

I know you cannot troubleshoot remotely, but I'd like to have some suggestions at least on the basic to check and to discuss with the electrician.
Thanks a lot

Rob



No comments:

Post a Comment