Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Migrating from Cisco vWLC to vWLC

Hi ladies and gents, I am a bit lost, but hoping you guys can help at least point me in the right direction. My company is going through up grading our virtual WLCs to a much larger virtual appliance. This is because we are running 3 vWLCs so we have an N+1 environment. The WLCs can only hold a certain amount of APs, and we can't upgrade them to hold larger amounts. So, we are upgrading and simplifying our set up. We are going to now be running 2 WLCs so we still have the N+1, but now we have 2.

This leads me to my question, We would like to literally move the configuration from the old one to the new one. I know we can pull the configuration, and edit it, but is there any best practice that I should be aware of? Is there a specific migration process? Is there any pitfalls that I should be aware of?



No comments:

Post a Comment