Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Looking for help with Port forwarding

Suddenly the last few days I'm getting tons of lag spikes in games like Rainbow Six siege and Modern warfare on pc.

I don't have any antivirus other than Windows firewall and defender on.

I've had almost no issues with lag until recently and nothing with my setups has changed.

Ports for each game are forwarded according to trouble shooting sites.

Am I smarter to just delete all of the port forwarding settings in my router and start fresh?

I'm so frustrated as my internet speed tests out fine and when watching movies via Netflix at 4K no issues.

Just games on PC.

I'm out of ideas.

I'm hardwired into my modem as well and all my windows updates are done.

Called my internet company and no issues can be seen on their end so something is up.

OH and what happens is I'll get into games no issues at all but when moving I'll stutter backwards and my ping will go from around 28-40 to well into the hundreds and then back.

Rinse and repeat every few seconds.

I have 1 gig download speed and about 50 upload so it's not my speed.



No comments:

Post a Comment