Thursday, February 27, 2020

Is that a malware or windows 7 or the cabling issue or networking problem?

A branch with 10+ users and a couple of printers connected to the Head office through outdoor access points. For one week the connecting started getting lost twice in an hour. changed the switch (PnP). tried some basic troubleshooting which didn't lead me anywhere instead one of my printers got totally disconnected. I mean IP is there, the cable is connected still can't ping the printer. so changed the patch cable as well as the keystone jack. but the problem remains the same. so I gave a direct connection with the printer to check if any problem with the patch panel. again, no change in the situation. the next day another printer's also gone. did the same as 1st printer but the problem remains the same.

Next, I took out the patch panel and gave a direct connection to the switch. still connection keeps on dropping. I did some windows update at the starting of this month so I thought that was causing the issue and uninstalled them. again the problem is there.

Now today, one of the pc is not pining from other systems but all other systems I can ping from that one pc. any suggestions will be great.



No comments:

Post a Comment