Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Infrastructure Upgrade Question

I need some help. I'm working on upgrading my small business's network (adding jacks during a renovation) and am beyond my scope. I've become my company's de facto IT manager because I know more than my coworkers do about computers, but I know next to nothing about network infrastructure.

Is there a way for me to successfully route connectivity from a 24 port switch to 2 24 port patch panels? We are moving to about 35 connections, and all but 5 need to run through the switch from what I have gathered. Do I need to get another switch along with the patch panel?

I know this doesn't fit in with professional questions here, I'm just trying to handle this project the best I can without bringing in a contractor. Any help is very appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment