Friday, February 21, 2020

I have no idea what im doing...

I work as a program developer, and Im kinda the office potato atm. My colleague asked me if I could help him with a problem he had:

We are a small company, and our team leader needs to be able to fix things from home, but he needs to be on the same IP as the office because of a program we use.

Now I just really don't know where to start. Ive tried google, but I just don't get the answers I'm looking for. I was given a ZyXEL USG40 and told to setup a VPN, but there are so many options and I don't know what type of VPN to set up, there are many tutorials on how to set things up, but I dont know which one Im supposed to use.

Also, the ZyXEL is connected to a SonicWall SOHO, and this is again connected a router (I think) which is connected to the socket in the wall.

I can figure out how to do the separate things, I just dont know what those things are. Do I also have to setup forwarding pointing toward the UGS40 as well? Thanks so much for any guidance!



No comments:

Post a Comment