Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Filter my home network traffic.

I have a few google home devices and other always internet-connected devices like smart tv's tabs etc. I just need to filter all traffic going through my internet router. Because in the last few months there was a huge traffic spike on my network (Per day upload 14GB download 60~70GB I am not listen to music from google home, just controlling lights), of course sometimes it's getting slow.

What is the best way to filter/view the home traffic? I need who access which website, What are the incoming request and outgoing request, and I need to group all those requests etc.

I know there's a tool called Wireshark. (simple google search found that. Then I installed it, but I don't know how to filter all traffic going through my router instead of the pc I installed Wireshark.) But is there any way to achieve it by installing proxy or something and divert all traffic through that proxy. I have extra PCs and a few Rasberry Pi's.



No comments:

Post a Comment