Thursday, February 6, 2020

Cisco 9200 - "Service unsupported-transceiver" error

Evening guys,

I'm standing up a fleet of 9200s, ran into this and couldn't find anything online about it.

Trying to run "service unsupported-transceiver" on a C9200L-48P-4G, running firmware 16.9.3 or 16.9.4 yields the following output -

Switch(config)#service unsupported-transceiver % Ambiguous command: "service unsupported-transceiver"

If I do "service ?", I actually see "service unsupported-transceiver" listed twice.

I've got 2 of these switches running on 3rd party SFPs from FS, I ran "no errdisable recovery cause gbic-invalid" and the links are up with no errors, "sh inv" shows the SFPs nice and happy.

Doing "sh int gig1/1/1 trans de" shows the following output

Switch#sh int gig1/1/1 trans de Transceiver monitoring is disabled for all interfaces.

Has anyone seen this or have any insight?



No comments:

Post a Comment