Monday, February 17, 2020

Blocking Windows 7 on Wireless or Firewall

Hey

We have a number of Windows 7 computers in our workshop that the team that uses them don't want to change. I have expressed my concern to them and went we don't care we need them our jobs. We to management and they agree they shouldn't be on our network

How can I block these machines? I have an idea what they are in DHCP so I can block their MAC from getting an IP. This fixes them getting an IP address.

How can I block them on the Firewall or Wireless Network?

They aren't on the Active Directory domain because they said it interferes with the programs we use

We use Sophos Firewall (XG210) and Ubiquiti Wireless Access Points

Is there a way that the Sophos or Wireless could detect what OS the machine it is and effectively block access to the network. They are connected to an SSID that has a WPA-PSK password. I can't change that password as a number of the RFID scanners use them on all the entries to the warehouse and office and we don't have access to the scanners to change them and getting them changed is a massive cost (someone has to come to our site and change them all).

That's another story but it was set up before I started and they had the same WPA-PSK wireless for everything before I started because it was easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment