Saturday, February 15, 2020

Aruba Wifi

Hi All,

We have a Master Mobility Controller at one site and a Local Controller at another site configured in a HA pair running 6.5.4.12. 7240XM.

We also have wired airplay servers that are discovered when screen mirroring from phones and laptops.

It seems that the discovery of the airplay servers is instant with APs associated to the Local Controller. However with the Master we are getting instant discovery if we have below 700 users connected but anything above that we are getting 15-30secs delay in discovery.

I need some expert advise from existing Aruba network engineers on what my next steps should be. We already have BC/MC on all the vlans. A reboot of the Master improved the speed but its slowing down again. There is no obvious signs the controller is overloaded.

What steps should I take next ?

Do I install another Local Controller to take load off the Master ?

Do I upgrade existing version ?

Do I have re-architect and go for AOS 8 ?

Ideally need a solution asap without causing too much disruption.



No comments:

Post a Comment