Saturday, February 15, 2020

Active Directory mishap

Somehow the Active Directory entry for a workstation on our network got deleted. The computer is somehow still able to access network resources (shares, etc), however it will ONLY let the user who usually uses it login. I can't login, other accounts can't login, not even the domain Administrator can login to it. It complains about "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship.". I've tried manually adding a new AD entry with the same computer name but I'm assuming it's not taking because it's not linked to that workstation anymore.

Anyone have any tips or maybe point me in the right direction on how I can un-f* this computer?

Thanks!

Side notes-

Workstation: Windows 7 Pro

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2



No comments:

Post a Comment