Tuesday, January 21, 2020

WiFi range extender for Meraki network

Hello all,

Please excuse my inexperience, I am one year into Networking as the previous guy just got up and left leaving me to fill in the gap. I am looking for advice on a WiFi solution. Our business office currently has a one Meraki MR42 AP set up in the middle of the office that goes back to an MX250 (Everything is cloud managed). One of our corner rooms is almost a WiFi deadzone as the connection is intermittent and I'm sure the giant Plasma TV in-between doesn't help with interference. I am considering on getting a WiFi repeater (TP-Link N300) as I think it would be a more cost-effective solution compared to getting another MX250. Are there any precautions? Would it work? Do I have to configure anything on the Meraki back-end to have it work?

Thank you so much for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment