Tuesday, January 21, 2020

What is the best and most practical way to connect 2 offices with broadband connections?

What is the best and most practical way to connect 2 offices together with broadband technology? (specifically XFINITY cable 150mb/s down 10mb/s upload) I currently have 2 offices; one site houses 7 staff members, the other site houses 2. All 9 users have to use the Intuit Quickbooks Premier Desktop edition, which requires a Windows Server with a database manager application running on Microsoft Operating System only. I currently have Meraki MX64 appliances at the 2 locations, the location with 7 users (Site A) houses my central server, while the other 2 users (Site B) connect to this server via a VPN client connection using the Meraki MX64 equipment.

I don't believe the setup is currently at full potential because Meraki was sold under the umbrella that the 2 sites build "auto VPNs" with one another that I don't necessarily find true. I am able to create a VPN client session and connect that way, but I don't see the "Site-to-Site VPN" functioning. As well, when the 2 users at (Site B) open our large Quickbooks company file, it can easily take 5 minutes for the application to load, I know this is a limitation with my upload speeds which I am open to altering but limited to either Xfinity for broadband or some form of Wireless (4G), wished my 2 sites were eligible for ATT Fiber but they aren't. I would prefer (Site B) housing 2 users to full time, automatically see the other machines at (Site A) and vice versa. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not totally dependent on the Meraki only hardware at this time, meaning: the 2 appliances are up for license renewal, and Cisco Meraki is PROUD $$$ of their equipment and licensing cost, and if a better more simplistic solution sits at my disposal for a reasonable cost, I'm most definitely interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment