Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Virtualized LNS recommendations

I currently land my VPDN tunnels and PPP subscribers on old Cisco hardware, the function of which I'm looking to replace. I'm considering virtual options for portability and future proofing, and was after some recommendations borne of experience.

Requirements are pretty basic; Terminate VPDN tunnels and land PPP subscribers either in the global table for internet subscribers or in a client VRF. I currently do this in Cisco land by returning various attributes based on the login username.

I've looked at vMX and Mikrotik but haven't found many other options. On the surface they both look like they'll do what I want, possibly with some drama sorting out the VRF thing.

Does anyone have experience with these products in this function, or alternative recommendations?



No comments:

Post a Comment