Thursday, January 9, 2020

Tcpdump vlan from wan in edgerouter

So, my ISP delivers internet and iptv to me. Their normal setup is that you use port 1 for internet and port 2 for iptv.

Port 1 and 2 are located on the device that has the fiber connection, converting it. Usually you connect a router to port 1 to manage network for the rest of the household as the isp usually only provide one up address.

I know that port 1 delivers iptv hidden away in a vlan. For Telia it was 845 and it was really neat to just send that up to my vlan-aware switch by the tv and then separate internet and tv to the different devices compared to having cables all over the house.

Now to my problem, I want to do a tcpdump on that port 1 to see what vlans are hidden there.

I don’t seem to get my edgerouter to really see it using tcpdump on the interface connected to port 1.

Where is my mistake?

Regards Jonas



No comments:

Post a Comment