Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Replacement current usercore and servercore switches

Hi all,

I've been recently promoted from service desk to Group System Engineer and one of my first tasks is to replace our current core as it's getting fairly old right now (+/- 10 years).

The plant where I have to replace it has +/- 60 end user switches (model HP Aruba 2530's).

Our current setup is

Servercore: 2x HPE A5120 48G EI switch JE069A

Usercore: 3x HPE A5500 - 24SFP JD374A

As all our current equipment is already Aruba, so I'm thinking to buy Aruba core switches but have no experience with these at all.

The budget they gave me for total replacement is €25 000.

I hope I'll be able to have the equipment for that price (including gbics etc)

On the Aruba website there are so many models and that combined with the small experience I have in networking; I would like some advice on what to buy.

Like what switches are the equivalents of the HPE for Aruba ?

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment