Monday, January 13, 2020

Rant - MSPs avoid SmarterMail

So, I had a massive issue with Kerio and was looking for an alternative. Someone suggested smartermail so I tried it out.

So I did a trial and it looked nice, but when I went to go for production, support was disinterested at best. It took two+ weeks to get resolved. Finally we worked through the shortcomings of the software.

I asked for at least a partial credit for the December invoice because I leased 250 mailboxes and had only used 3 and it didn't even work for two weeks. They said no. Just no.

I also offered to pay real actual money for more active support. They said no. Just no.

I canceled my lease and posed on their forums, quite nicely that I canceled my lease and the reasons.

THEY DELETED THE POST.

Well, then good luck getting December or January, @$$H()|3$. Wow, just wow.

If you are an MSP, find an alternative. As for me, I can get Office365 for like $3.50/mailbox and another $0.50/mailbox for Barracuda Essentials. I sell that for $6/user as a package. Not great profit margin, but enough to not have a headache like that again.



No comments:

Post a Comment