Wednesday, January 22, 2020

LAN download speed falls but Wifi doesnt?

Ok this is weird

When connected via LAN cable to the router, the download speed falls (from ~100MBps to 20MBps) after 5 mins of usage. Note that ping and upload speeds do not fall/change.

When compared this to a wireless connection to the same router, the download speed stays normal (~100MBps).

Some observations:

. i tested this on 2 systems ensuring its either a router or LAN cable problem.

. LAN connection IS capable of giving me 100MBps when i restart my router, even tho its for 5 mins only.

. I did factory reset my router and saw no changes.

Is there any router tweaks that i gota do? Should i replace my router? or my LAN cable?

UPDATE - actually checked with another LAN cable, same slow speed results. Now that i know the problem is 100% with my router, do you think mac IP binding might help?



No comments:

Post a Comment