Tuesday, January 21, 2020

LACP for NetApp project

I'm assisting our sysadmin with the networking portion of our netapp project. There are two controllers with 2 pairs of 10Gb connections on each controller for a total of 8 ports across both. He let me know that we will need to create link aggregation groups for all of those connections across our server switches. The question is, how many LAGs do we need? My initial thought is one per controller, but he seems to be under the impression that we need 4 LAGs.. basically 2 10GB connections per LAG. Has anyone done the network config for a Netapp that can give me some insight? The documentation I've found hasn't been clear, and we can't get through to support.

My thinking is that since we have 4 switches that we will be connecting to that each controller will have 2 ports going to each switch for redundancy as well as separate link aggregation groups.

Here is a picture of what my Sysadmin gave me: https://i.imgur.com/471l4j5.png



No comments:

Post a Comment