Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I've been living under a rock, where do I even start?

I've been in IT since 2000 and with my current employer (ISP) for over 10 years now. I'm thinking of making a move but I have been out of the market for so long I'm not even sure how I want to go about this. Most of my career has been network related but I have hands on lots of projects. For the last 3+ years I've been doing more management things and running a 60/40 ballance now with 60 in the trenches. I'm in the Southern United States now.

My questions to you all: In your opinion where would you focus your energy in looking for a new employer? Are direct hires a thing still or are we all going contract to hire now? Any tips or advice to someone who has been living under a rock for so long? Thanks.....



No comments:

Post a Comment