Saturday, January 11, 2020

I was offered a server for a trade and not really sure what i could do with it

Hey fellas,

I was offered a server as a trade for an item I'm selling and i was hoping you guys could give me a rundown on what exactly i could do with it haha. Coming from someone with almost zero networking experience, how long would it take me to actually make something happen with it? I'm intrigued by the prospect of trying it, but I'm worried I'll get it and be overwhelmed and it'll end up just sitting on my shelf. I'll list the specs he gave me below. Thanks for any feedback!

Specs:

Dell Poweredge T620 2 - Intel Xeon E5-2620 6-Core CPUs 48GB RAM, 6-8GB RDIMM 1600MHz PERC H310 RAID Adapter 4 - 600GB SAS 15K RPM HDs configured as RAID-10 Internal Dual SD Module with 2 - 2GB SD Cards 2 - Hot Plug Redundant 750W Power Supplies 8 - 3.5" Hot swap Drive Bays DVD+/-RW SATA Drive



No comments:

Post a Comment