Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Has anyone done IOx on Catalyst 9K switches? Question about USB options.

Has anyone tried out the IOx Application Hosting on the Cisco Catalyst 9000 series (9300 in my case).

I was interested in giving this specific example a try in my lab at work as a i have an available 9300 -

I'm not a bit hosting/container expert but I can see an advantage in generating traffic like this direct from a switch using iperf.

But just as i had a USB stick ready to go I stumbled upon this note:

"Internal flash and front panel usb (usbflash0:) do not support for application hosting."

So reading into this, officially, you have to get a Cisco 120GB-SDD to use this feature:

Now I get how this works. If i don't use the official, expensive (probably, didn't bother checking) Cisco branded drive its unsupported. But wondering if anyone has got this working with a thumbdrive in usbflash0 (front panel) or if a regular SSD will work in that usbflash1 (back port). Before I go messing around with drives and wasting a bunch of time I was hoping the community might have some advice.

A broader questions would be what checks could a Cisco Switch do to determine whether it is an official Cisco USB SSD and what is the recommended drive format for a Cisco switch these days?



No comments:

Post a Comment