Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Guest WiFi users disconnected too quickly when they lock their devices

Hi All,

I have users reporting an issue where they get disconnected from the WiFi when they lock the screen on their devices. When users wake their devices they are having to re-authenticate again by logging back into the WiFi rather than it just automatically re-connecting them. I am using Cisco ISE to authenticate users, users are directed to a web portal where they can log in with their AD accounts or alternatively they can register a guest account.

On the WLC, I have disabled idle timeouts however that has not had any impact. On ISE, I have added Radius Idle timeout values and Radius session timeout values to the authorisation profile however both of these actions have failed to stop user sessions being dropped when their devices are essentially in sleep mode. I want users to only have to authenticate once a day per device and after that I want their sessions to stay live so that their devices automatically connect to the WiFi without the need to login for 24 hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might achieve this ?



No comments:

Post a Comment