Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Employees say that an App is suddenly working slowly.

Hey everyone, first year in IT here at a small company (>100 people) a few employees have started to complain that an application they use is suddenly running slower than usual this week. I don't know how quickly the app should run, but I'm confident given that multiple people are now recognizing this drop in speed that there might be something going on. The employees are on site, using an accounting app on Windows 10 and when they connect it opens a remote desktop connection. My limited knowledge in IT gives me the idea that I should be able to monitor the traffic of the application somehow (the ports it's communicating across?) to see if there is some kind of an issue on our side. What kind of information do I need to gather and what tools can I use to start diagnosing this issue (assuming there is one.) Sorry if the question is kind of vague, I am still learning how to identify and diagnose issues like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment